- Make payment within 5 business days after acceptance of claim. § 542.057(a)
- Civil Authority – Mandatory evacuations have already been issued in several Texas counties.
- Service Interruption – Power and telephone/cell service may be disrupted.
- Sue and Labor – Businesses may shut down operations in advance.
- Adjuster licensing – Texas requires all adjusters and public adjusters to be licensed in the State of Texas. There is a provision for emergency licensing of adjusters in the event of a catastrophe.
- Flood hazard zone areas—Areas identified on the Flood Insurance Rate Map can change so be aware of applicable policy limits by hazard zone.
- Flood and Wind sublimits
Click here for a PDF version of this checklist.